Panthers celebrate as Anderson makes the score 2-0. (Photo Credit: PANTHERS IMAGES)

After an impressive opening two periods for The Panthers it seemed like they were destined to cut their painful run of defeats in The Elite Ice Hockey League against The Glasgow Clan.

It was a debut performance for new forward Anthony Luciani who was determined to hit the ground running with The Panthers upon his first appearance.

It did not take long for Luciani to make his presence felt, helping Jordan Kelsall to assist Otto Neiman for the opening goal of the evening after eight minutes.

New man Anthony Luciani made his debut for the Panthers. (Photo Credit: PANTHERS IMAGES)

With a 1-0 lead to defend after the first 20 minutes, The Panthers opened the second period with the same intensity as the first.

Four minutes into the second period, The Clan struggled to get the ball out as Caruso intercepted and passed to Westin Michaud who then found Stephen Anderson.

Anderson spun round and took a powerful shot which went past Clan netminder Jake Kielly extending The Panthers lead.

Entering the halfway point of the match, The Panthers found themselves comfortably in front and on their way to snapping a four-match losing streak.

Shortly after ten minutes into the second period, The Panthers broke away with a two-on-one break with Anderson and Mathieu Lemay.

Lemay scored past Kielly giving The Panthers a 3-0 cushion and almost surely secured the two points for the hosts.

Despite being down and out, The Clan were still fighting and got themselves a lifeline through forward Gary Haden just before the end of the second period.

Entering the final 20 minutes The Panthers held a 3-1 lead and were heading towards only a second victory in 14 matches.

Three minutes into the final period, The Clan who once looked down and out had somehow found a way to get themselves back into the contest.

Mike Pelech and Philippe Sanche both scored tip-ins within the space of a two minutes to bring The Clan back on level terms in the game.

Now that the game was tied at 3-3, both teams were fixed on ensuring they left with the victory.

With five minutes left in the game it seemed like Motorpoint Arena might be headed for overtime.

However Clan forward Charlie Combs took a shot and as it travelled through traffic, it found its way into the net and gave The Clan the lead for the first time in the match.

Two later goals from Jordan Crownie and Ryan Harrison secured the win and completed a remarkable comeback victory for the visitors.

A final period succumbing leaves The Nottingham Panthers bottom of the Elite Ice Hockey League and winless in their last five matches.

The team will now look towards their match up with rivals Sheffield Steelers on Saturday.