Every year new advent calendars are being released into our high street stores, but fewer of these contain chocolate.
Some of these unusual advent calendars are already being reduced by retailers as we are already in December, and the countdown to Christmas has officially begun.
(1) Menkind: Haynes Retro Radio Advent Calendar for £16 – each day the recipient will get to open a door to find a part, which after 24 days will form a fully functioning retro radio. Now reduced to £10.
(2) Boots: Pukka Christmas Advent Calendar for £9.99 – behind each door is a tea bag of a different festive blend, including Liquorice and Cinnamon, and Lemongrass & Ginger.
(3) M&S: Christmas Jewellery Advent Calendar £19.50 – behind each door for 12 days is a necklace or pair of earrings.
(4) Boots: Yankee Candle Giftset Advent Calendar priced at £24.99 – now selling for £12.50, with a festively scented tealight behind each door and a votive candle on Christmas Eve.
(5) Asda: Gin Advent Calendar for £39 – a variety of 5cl festive flavours behind each door, which include Brambles Cherry Bakewell Gin Liqueur and Greenall’s Wild Berry Gin.
(6) Debenhams: Kellogg’s 12 Days of Cereal Advent and Bowl Set for £20 – includes 12 different types of Kellogg’s cereal to help get people excited each morning leading up to Christmas.
(7) Clintons: Classic Story Book Advent Calendar for £10 – includes 24 mini picture books, a healthy alternative to chocolate for young children this time of year.