Picking a place to go on bonfire night is always a mammoth task, mainly due to the huge choice of displays going on in Nottinghamshire.
This year November 5 is a Tuesday, so events have been scheduled on the day itself as well as throughout the week and both weekends either side, so people can choose the day that best suits them.
Our huge list will help you pick what to do, whether a small, community event is your cup of tea, or whether you’d prefer one of the larger events that have been organised.
The big event at this time of year is always the City Council’s Forest Recreation Ground display, which is free of charge and on November 5th itself.
We’ll list details below of all the events we can find, as we find out about them.
Friday November 1
Caythorpe Cricket Club
- Caythorpe Cricket Club, Caythorpe Road, NG14 7EB.
- Gates open at 6pm at this family event with free parking, music, a bar, hotdogs and burgers.
- Tickets in advance cost £4 for adults, £2.50 for under 16s, under 5s go free and a family ticket is £12.
- On the gate tickets cost £5 for an adult, £3 for under 16s, under 5s go free and a family ticket is £14.
- To buy in advance email firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday November 2
4th Carlton Scout Group Display
- Standhill Skateboard Park, King George V Recreation Ground, Standhill Road, Carlton, NG4 1JL.
- Gates open at 7pm, the fire is lit at 7.15pm and fireworks start at 8pm.
- Food and refreshments will be on sale as well as tickets to win the chance to press the big red button and start the display off.
- Entrance charges are £5 for adults, £3 for children and a family ticket is £15.
- For more information visit https://www.facebook.com/4cScoutEvents
Oxton Village Hall
- Oxton Village Hall, Main Street, Oxton, Southwell, NG25 0SA.
- Gates open at 6pm with fireworks at 7.15pm at this village bonfire night with live music, food and drink.
- Adult tickets cost £5, children cost £3 and under 3s are free.
- Tickets can be purchased on the gate, on the night.
- Email email@example.com for more information.
- Mellish RFC, Plains Road, Mapperley, NG3 5RX.
- Gates open at 6pm, the bonfire is lit st 7.15pm and fireworks start at 8pm.
- Tickets are available on the gate and adults cost £5, children cost £2.50 and under 5s are free.
Heritage Railway Museum
- Heritage Railway Museum, Mere Way, Ruddington, NG11 6JS.
- Gates open from 5.30pm with fireworks starting at 7.30pm.
- There will also be a miniature railway, vintage and modern funfair, live music, food, a bar and a chocolate fountain.
- On the door entry is £5 for adults and £3 for children.
Sunday November 3
- Nottingham Racecourse, Colwick Park, Nottingham NG2 4BE.
- This display, in conjunction with local charity My Sight, will take place from 5pm until 7.30pm.
- You can buy tickets at www.thejockeyclub.co.uk, priced at £8 for adults, £3 for children and £20 for a family ticket (two adults and two children).
Lambley Playing Fields
- Lambley Playing Fields, Catfoot Lane, Lambley, NG4 4QF.
- Gates open at 4.30pm and tickets can be bought on the night and adults are £5, children are £4, a family ticket is £15 and under 3s are free.
- The bonfire will be lit at 5.30pm, fireworks start at 6.30pm and there will also be inflatables, a barbecue, mulled wine, coffee, hot chocolate, games and rides for children.
Bingham Road Playing Fields
- Bingham Road Playing Fields, Radcliffe on Trent, NG12 2GP.
- Gates open at 5pm with the first of two fireworks display at 5.30pm.
- Food and drink will also be available.
- Tickets cost £10 for a family (two adults and three children), £3 for an adult and £2 for a child aged four to 17 and they can be bought from Burleys and Pen2Paer in Radcliffe on Trent.
- For more information have a look at the Radcliffe Community Firework Fiesta page on Facebook or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday November 4
The Railway, Lowdham
- Professional fireworks display starting at 6.30pm, barbecue, hot drinks and a licensed bar.
- Buy tickets from The Railway pub, an adult costs £4 and under 5s cost £2.
- For more information email email@example.com
The Gedling Inn
- 50 Main Road, Gedling, Nottingham NG4 3HL.
- Event begins at 7pm and is completely free, bar the hot food that will also be on sale.
- Call 0115 987 1280 for more information.
Tuesday November 5
Forest Recreation Ground
- Forest Recreation Ground, Gregory Blvd, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG7 6LB.
- The biggest event in the East Midlands is once again free, so you can expect tens of thousands of punters turning up for the two firework displays, one at 7.15pm and another at 9pm, as well as fairground rides, food stalls and a roaring bonfire, which will be lit at 7.45pm.
- Read more about this event here.
- 24th Blackwoods Scout Hut, NG5 1FW.
- Gates open at 6.30pm and tickets can be bought on the night.
- Entry is £4 for adults and £3 for children.
- There will be two displays, one at 7.30pm for children and another louder one later.
- Hot and cold food will on sale and the bonfire is lit at 7pm.
- Check the Cavendish Blackwoods Facebook page for more information.
- The Radcliffe, Shelford Road, NG12 1AW.
- Doors open 6pm and there will be fireworks, live music, a barbecue, mushy peas, hot drinks and an outdoor bar.
- Advance tickets cost £3 per person and £1 for under 5s.
- Buy tickets at the pub or online at http://www.wegottickets.com/event/485069
Wednesday November 6
Blue Bell Hill Primary School
- Blue Bell Hill Primary School, Gordon Road, St.Anns, Nottingham NG3 2LE.
- Gates open at 4.30pm at this free event.
- There will be inflatables, Domino’s Pizza, Krispy Kreme doughnuts, hot dogs, mushy peas, facepainting and games.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or check the school’s Facebook page for more information.
Thursday November 7
John Clifford School
- John Clifford School, Nether St, Beeston, Nottingham NG9 2AT.
- Event starts at 6pm and tickets can either be bought on the gate or via the school if children are pupils there.
- A family ticket is £12 (two adults and up to three children), adults are £4, children are £3 and unders 3s are free.
- There will be fireworks, hot food, a campfire, stalls and glow sticks.
- Check out the ‘Friends of John Clifford’ Facebook page for more information.
Friday November 8
Edgewood Primary School
- Edgewood Primary School, Edward Cl, Hucknall, Nottingham NG15 6SP.
- Gates open 5.30pm and tickets cost £3 in advance or £5 on the gate and can be bought from the school office, Emma’s Cutting Edge on Nabbs Lane and Vince Lunn butcher’s shop in Kirkby.
- A local butcher will be running the barbecue and there will be a fireworks display, a sparkler area, stalls and a tuck shop on the night with all proceeds going to the school.
Saturday November 9
Clifton All Whites Football Club
- Green Ln, Clifton, Nottingham NG11 9AZ.
- Gates open at 5pm, with fireworks at 6.30pm for children and then a larger display at 8.30pm.
- There will be a bonfire, stalls, a funfair, hot food and a bar.
- Tickets can be bought on the night and are £1 each.
- For more information email email@example.com
Robin Hood Festival of Fireworks
- Wilford Village, NG11 7AA.
- Gates open at 5pm and tickets can be bought online at www.wilfordfireworks.org or Wilford and West Bridgford Co-Ops and local shops.
- Tickets are cheaper the earlier you buy them.
- There will be two fireworks displays, one for children at 7pm and a main display at 9pm.
- There will also be fire spinners, a hog roast, bonfire, a real ale marquee with a live band and hot food including hot dogs, fish and chips, doughnuts and toffee apples.