As the summer holidays get closer and the weather gets hotter, what’s on in Nottingham to keep the kids happy and adults entertained?
We’ve had a teaser of summer this past weekend with the hot weather and first BBQs of the season. Here’s a guide to some family friendly events taking place in the city over the coming months to keep everyone entertained.
- 11 May The open door project outdoor events day – Colwick Park Adventure Centre from 10:30am-3pm. Free Entry.
- 28/29 May European Archery Championships – Old Market Square from 7am-pm. Tickets from £10-£12.50
- 28 May to 5 June Family Activities Half Term – Nottingham Contemporary from 11am-3pm. Free entry.
- 31 May Family Nature Walk and Bug Hunt – Woodthorpe Grange Park from 1pm-2:20pm. Free entry.
- 1 June Cookie Baking – Greens Windmill from 11am-2pm. Entry £4 per child.
- 6 June Nottingham’s children book awards – Nottingham City libraries from 9am-6pm. Free Entry.
- 11 June Her Royal Highness 90th Birthday Celebrations – Wollaton Park from 11:30am-3:30pm. Free entry.
- 19 June Fun Colour Run – Holme Pierrepoint from 9:30am-6pm. Child tickets from £7, adult tickets from £17.
- 22nd July-4th September – Nottingham Beach – Old Market Square. Open all day, free entry.
- 30 July-9th October Leonardo da Vinci Exhibition – Nottingham Castle Museum and Art Gallery from 9:30am-5pm. Tickets £6 for adults, £5 for under 16s.
- 6/7 August The World of Wizardry – Nottingham Conference Centre from 9am-5pm. Tickets from £6, children under 3 get in free.
- 18 May Dementia Awareness Week: Music and Memory – Nottingham Central Library from 2pm-4:30pm. Free entry.
- 29 May Dot to Dot at various venues. Doors at 11am, tickets £25
- 8 June Inside Opera: Opera North’s Ring Cycle – Lakeside Arts Centre from 2pm-pm. Entry £5.
- 23 June The Rod Stewart Experience – Garry Pease – Bunkers Hill from 10pm. Tickets £6 normal entry, £5 for Rod Stewart Fan Club Members.
- 23 July Splendour Festival – Wollaton Hall and Deer Park from 11am-11:30pm. Tickets from £22.50.
- 5-7 August Nottingham Riverside Festival – Victoria Embankment from 6:30pm on the 5th. Free entry.
- 4-12 June Women’s Tennis Aegon Open– Nottingham Tennis Centre. Tickets start at £5.
- 5 June Nottingham Victoria Embankment 5k and 10k– Victoria Embankment, 10k from 9:30am-6pm, 5k from 11:30am-7pm. Adult entry £14.99, Children under 16 £10 entry.
- 18-25 June Mens Tennis Aegon Open – Nottingham Tennis Centre. Tickets start at £5.
- 10th May-17th July Gordon Cheung: How to be Dragons – Nottingham Museum and Art Gallery from 9:30am-5pm. Tickets £6 for adults, £5 for under 16s.
- 10 May-5 June David Jones: Vision and Memory – Lakeside Arts Centre from 11am-pm. Free entry.
- 11th May David Jones: Evening Lectures – Lakeside Arts Centre from 6pm-7pm. Free entry but needs to be pre-booked.
- 27 May A Force for Nature – Highfields Park from 10:30am-2:30pm. Free entry.
- 7 June Artist Talk: Michael Beutler – Nottingham Contemporary from 6:30pm-8:30pm. Free entry.
- 14 June Library Club: Gardeners Question Time – Basford Library from 10:30am-11:30am. Free Entry.